CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I love my Mom!!

Today is a day that is to be celebrated, not because it's Texas independence day but more importantly it is my fabulous Mom's birthday!!


My Mom loves birthdays. She has always made my sister and I and now my husband as well feel special and loved more than it seems possible on our birthdays. She spoils us with our favorite cakes, dinner and a present that she always puts alot of thought into. That being said when her birthday rolls around we always want her to know loved and adored she is!


As part of this blog dedicated to my Mom I want to tell you to top 51 things I love about her- although 51 might seem like a lot believe me there are millions of reasons to love my Mom!


51. Her sneeze. My mom is known for being a loud sneezer and we teese her but it's so endearing when she sneezes 6 times in a row. It's just something that has always made me laugh about her.


50. Her handwriting. She has beautiful handwriting that reminds me of something from the past, always cursive, always perfect. I didn't get great handwriting so I covet hers.


49. Her love for children. She is better with kids than anyone on the planet! They adore her because of how creative and fun she is. I can't wait until we have kids so they can have fun with her.


48. Her singing voice- she sings really well and used to sing to us all the time when we were kids along with at church regularly. She gave my sister and I the gift of music and for that I will be eternally grateful!


47. Her love for birds. This one is funny because she has always loved birds but she has a hard time keeping them alive. She spritzes them too much and they always catch pneumonia so she no longer has them as pets but she always has bird feeders all around the house.


46. Her love for people. There is not a more loving or forgiving person in the world. My mom has seen alot of her in her life and she loves those people unconditionally. I have alot to learn from her in this because I don't know how she does it!


45. The way she read aloud. She has always been a great reader of stories, the Bible and anything else! She used to read aloud to my sister and I which led to my sister reading aloud to me when we go on vacations and I read aloud whenever I can. It's random but I like it!


44. Her chicken soup that will heal any cold or flu you have! She delivers it to me with crackers, kleenex and a sweet note along with a magazine or something fun whenever I am sick. Almost makes me wish I got sick more often.


43. Her skin- my mom has great skin! Always, clear, always tan.


42. Her love for adventure- she's always willing to try something new, visit a new place or try new foods.


41. Her caring nature- she is so nurturing and not just to me but to everyone, I can only hope I care for my children like she cares for us, our friends and anyone else who comes along!


40. Her enchilada casseroles- beef or chicken. If you haven't had it, you are missing out!


39. How excited she gets when opening a present. She is the funest person to give to.


38. How she lies about her shoe size because she wishes her feet were smaller.


37. How she can roller skate better than anyone and used to do tricks that would amaze my sister and I.


36. How hard working she is.


35. The way she prays and the way it seems God hears her more clearly than anyone else.


34. How loyal she is.


33. How she loves Matlock. We used to watch it every afternoon when I was growing up.


32. Her sense of humor.


31. The way she decorates the house with hundreds of pictures of family- I do the same thing.


30. She is beautiful.


29. She is young. I love how young my parents are, they still travel and do fun things.


28. Her love for shoes, her hate for shopping for them.


27. Her love for sweet treats- i definately inherited this one!


26. The way she can get to know someone better in 10 minutes than most people can get to know each other in 10 years.


25. Her patience.


24. Her pantry- it is always stocked with anything you could possibly need, like there is a flood coming.


23. She has really pretty eyes.


22. How she treats Scout, our dog. He gets so excited when she comes over!


21. The way she just listens when things are hard.


20. How involved she is in my life without being controlling. She has always been involved but never invasive- my parents are masters at this and seem to be the only people who understand how to balance that.


19. Her laugh.


18. How girly she is. I am my mother's daughter.


17. The way she always gets my favorite birthday cake made, it looks like a small wedding cake.


16. How resourceful she is. When we were growing up she always had a job whether it was a paper route, making bows or babysitting.


15. How she stayed home with us. I hope I can spend time with my children like she did with us, she never missed anything.


14. How giving she is.


13. How she stuffs our stockings for Christmas- one of my favorite things about the holidays.


12. How she still does an Easter egg hunt for us.


11. How she enforces our family traditions.


10. How she loves my husband and made him feel welcome from the beginning.


9. Her way of making everyone feel comfortable no matter if they are strangers or not.


8. The way she decorates her house- it's so comfy, homey and welcoming.


7. How she likes Bella to always have a bow.


6. How she went with me to EP!


5. How she loves going to the movies and getting a hotdog.


4. How she brings God in on every detail of her life.


3. How she loves my Dad- I have never known a more submissive, caring wife.


2. How she loves me.


1. How she loves the Lord.


I love you so much Mom!!! Thank you for being such an amazing Mom- I wouldnt be me without the impact you have had!