CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 8: A Place you have traveled to...

I LOVE traveling and have been able to visit some really cool places but I would have to say that my trip to Romania and Paris was one of my favorites.

My friend Rebekah and I went on a mission trip with our church that we grew up in and had a blast! Since then Romania has always had a special place in my heart and I hope to go back someday. Our trip was a "Medical Mission Trip" as it was a closed country so we wore scrubs and had a doctor and dentist with us. While the families would get medical attention we would also do VBS so share the word. There were times that it was a little scary in the towns but it was a time that I felt so strong in my faith. It was an opportunity of a lifetime and I am so thankful for it. We ministered to both gypsies and countryside people groups so it was crazy visiting the different towns and seeing how completely different everything was- event the way the people looked! The gypsies were beautiful, dark skin, hair and bright blue eyes while the countryside people who were equally as beautiful had very pale skin, blonde hair and blue eyes. God used me to bring a gypsy prostitute to Christ and I will never forget her face or the words that we spoke. We also made some lasting friendships with our interpreters and I still get emails from a few of them every now and then. Our group was made up of churches from all over the United States so it was such an experience to serve alongside them and get to know their stories. When I think back about that time in my life I was not the strongest in my walk with God before leaving- I was dating a guy who was not the best for me on a spiritual level- although he was a Christian he was not going to guard my heart or be the leader I needed him to be and I was honestly clouded by his charm and good looks and just the thought of being with him that overlooked alot. Thankfully the Lord used me anyway- even in a time that I was not making the best decisions and in retrospect I didn't deserve that experience but I am so thankful that He gave it to me anyway.

As an extension vacation to our mission trip we flew to Paris and met up with my sister and another mutual friend and had a blast!! It was definitely culture shock from where we came from but I fell in love with the city. It was so romantic, had amazing shopping and the food was fabulous. Those memories are so special to me and I feel lucky to have been able to go there!

I have been on many other mission trips and vacations that were amazing but that trip was the furthest I have been from home and yet I was totally comfortable staying.

0 comments: