CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 4... My Parents

Anyone who knows me well knows that I have amazing parents. They will be celebrating their 31st wedding anniversary this summer and couldn't be more in love and more happily married. It's not an act- they truly are the cutest, happiest couple I have ever met and I know it is so rare that marriages last as long as their has. 

My parents were highschool sweethearts who did not grow-up in Christian homes but actually led their families to Christ after being saved when they were engaged. They have not only been a great role model of how a healthy marriage works but also taught my sister and I the importance of having a relationship with the Lord.

My mom is a preschool director at a church and my dad has owned a car repair shop since he was 19. They are both such hard workers and instilled this trate in both my sister and I.

I am also very lucky to have equally close relationships with each of my parents. My Dad is amazing- he is so strong, caring and hilarious. He always puts the needs of others before his own and is always there for me no matter what I need. It is because of him that I didn't settle for boys who weren't right for me and ended up with someone who reminds me of him often. I know I speak the truth when I say my Dad is better than everyone else's dad. haha I know I am biased but even though he isn't perfect by any means he is just awesome! No one else can push my buttons like him and make me laugh a few minutes later- we are so much alike it's ridiculous. I love how close we are and all of our inside jokes. One of my favorite memories was our conversation right before I walked down the aisle at our wedding- it is a moment that was caught on camera and one I will always hold dear to my heart. My Dad is just incredible :-)

My Mom is fabulous as well- if you read down a few posts you will see 51 reasons that I love her. She is beautiful and so very Godly. Her advice is always God-breathed and she is truly my Mother which I am so thankful for. Although we are very close and things start to evolve when adulthood sets in she is still my Mom and has never tried to be just a friend. I have seen so many Mother/Daughter relationships go wrong because the roles get smudged and I am thanful that mine has not. She is probably the most positive person on the face of the planet despite the hard childhood that she had. I can't wait for us to have kids just so that I can see her in action as a Grandmother!

I love both of you so very much!

0 comments: