CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 18: Something you regret

Hmmm... I am not an advocate of regretting things. You can't take anything back so thinking about it seems like a waste of time but I will continue on this blogging challenge and give an answer...


I regret putting other things in front of enjoying life- whether it be work, responsibilities, trying to control things or even just trying to fix broken relationships. I tend to focus on trying to make things perfect and it's just not worth it. This is something I learned about myself a few years ago and at times it's great because it gives me a good work ethic and makes me work hard at being a good wife, friend, daughter etc. but like with anything too much is exhausting and I can't really "fix" or control anything. I wrote a post a while ago about how beautiful not being in control can be and this really goes back to that...

So what if the house gets a little messy, someone gets annoyed because I didn't do what they thought I should or I finish that work project tomorrow before the deadline instead of today- the world will not fall off the hinges. Moving to Fort Worth really helped with this because I had to dive into the unknown which is scary for me and it turned out to be amazing so I look forward to more opportunities like that one.

In college I was very responsible and worked alot- sometimes I wish I had concentrated more on just enjoying my sorority and living in the tiny h-ville as opposed to setting myself up for a career. I have great college memories don't get me wrong- I had a blast but I also put alot of pressure on myself. I am not saying that my hard work didn't pay off because now I have a great job and get to work from home but  I don't want to look back on the chapter I am in now and wish I had taken more risks etc. but that I had truly lived life to the fullest.

Single, Married, Kids, No Kids, College, High School, etc. live in YOUR chapter. Don't get me wrong I think that planning is great and that goals are necessary in life but none of this should take away from your enjoyment of what is happening now becaue you will never get it back. I am also not saying that being responsible isn't important because it is but as with anything there must be a balance. 

I know this post is supposed to be about regrets but I would rather focus on living a life without regret- don't you wish that we could keep no record of our own wrongs just as God doesn't keep our records?? Sometimes a little bit of amnesia would be great... I try not to dwell on the past but more on living a life without regrets and worries. I actually would not consider myself much of a worrier because I am such a planner that worry rarely sets in but one verse that I would like to leave this post with is one that is such a challenge...

Matthew 6:34 - Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

0 comments: