CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 25, 2010

They say when it's your's everything is different...

Let me just start off by saying that I do not like throw-up poop, snot or anything else in that family of crap. No, I do not have children but I do have a puppy that I adore. Well, he just had his sweet surgery which in Ryan's words "took his manhood and will now want to decorate and bake cookies with me" (direct quote). So, sweet little Scout has had a sad, hard past few days. He also had a baby tooth pulled that was not going to fall out so precious has just been put through the ringer! Well, the afternoon after his surgery he threw up 6 times and I didn't even flinch. I just cleaned it up immediately sprayed the carpet and cleaned up his dirty little face. Since we have had him he has had a cold that came with a cough and sneezy nose. He snotted on me yesterday morning- all over my arm. It didn't bother me at all I just wiped it away and gave him his medicine.

I think I am doing pretty good at this point... but today all of this changed. I took Scout out for his nightly walk- Ryan and I do a morning walk with him together and I take him a few times the rest of the day on my own- I love our walks, we go get the mail, see our neighbors and the weather has been super nice the past few days so we just play outside. Well, my little man decided that he was going to eat anything he could find. First it was a piece of bark he ripped from a tree, then it was the grass and then... my breaking point.

He decided to hop over to the biggest pile of poop he could find left by what looked to me like the jolly green giant. I pull his leash and shout no but it's too late. The jolly green giant's poop is in my dog's mouth. I grab him pry open his sweet little mouth and the poop falls out- great! it's over. No, no- Scout still had a chunk that I notice he is still chewing... People! Seriously??

I stick my hand in his mouth and the poop is almost to his throat. I grab it out and look at my now poop covered hand and totally start gagging. It was so gross. I threw the poop and ran up the stairs as fast as possible.

Ok, so yes I took care of it and have never touched a dogs poop in my life but I gotta say- it was disgusting!

2 comments:

Jalei & Lane

That is pretty gross. Aside from the poop eating, he sounds like a human.

ZK Medders

Well yep that sounds horrible but i got a gross one of my own, Remember Bosco? Well when I was potty-trianing Ethan he would just go outside.. whether it was #1 or #2 he didn't care he would just go. So one day, Cade comes in and says "Mama-Mama, Ethan just pooped outside and then Bosco just walked right behind Ethan and ate his poop" So I couldn't really spank him b/c there was no proof ( haha) and I was trying to get him to poop so we had a talk about pooping only in the bathroom. =) SO see kids and dogs go figure. I love you adn enjoyed reading your words. You are very good at writing. You should try your hand at writing a book. I'd read it. I miss you so very very much. Talk to you soon-- Love your favorite Aunt ZK