CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

A late Valentine's Day note!

I have never been a big advocate of V-day. I think it is kind of a waste of money and I don't like how forced it all seemes. Chocolate and flowers are great things to have but they mean more to me when I get them for no reason. I also dont like how v-day is a reminder to singles that they do not have someone to send them flowers. Why does this need to be a yearly reminder? I don't like how restaurants are so crowded and that the menus are usually extra pricey b/c they know we will all just pay anything for love.

I know all of this sounds very cynical and you are probably thinking that it is easy for me to say all of this because clearly I was not alone on Valentines Day. Yes, I have had someone on the majority of my Valentine's Days and regardless of that my Dad always makes me feel special- even when I am 4 hours away he makes sure I get my box of chocolates and a sweet note with it! I am a very blessed girl and have phenomenal men in my life. Even so... I am not a huge fan.

The thing that I do adore about Valentine's Day is all the love that gets passed around. I love getting cards from family and friends, text messages and calls. I love "Love." I do like seeing the couples out and about, holding hands and hugging without the normal "PDA rules." It is like the one day I dont want to throw-up when I see other couples kissing.

I guess the main thing that bothers me about the day is that I think everday should be Valentine's Day for couples. I know I am somewhat of a hopeless romantic, but why should a girl only be treated like this on February 14th? Thank goodness Ryan is also a hopeless romantic and does a great job making me feel special throughout the entire year.

With all that said, this year we were somewhat low-key for V-day. We went to brunch on Sunday morning because on our way to church we realized how very late we were- since we have moved we are not just right around the corner and the traffic was ridiculous! Anyway, the Blue Mesa has an amazing brunch that we love so we had it and it hit the spot! We orginally had plans to go walk around at a local winery and smush grapes but with the crazy snow weather lately it was just too cold! We decided to just rent a movie and lay around all day- this was just what we needed! We cuddled up with the fire place blazing and just relaxed. Ryan had made reservations for dinner so around 6 we finally took showers and got all dressed up. It was such a fun night and the dinner was fantastic! We ate at the Mercury Chophouse- I have to say I love that place! It was our first time there and we loved it. My one complaint is that although we did not have to deal with crowds or waiting- Mercury Chophouse valets your car and does not overbook- we still had to sit pretty close to the other people dining there. We got lucky though b/c a cute couple was next to us and gave us secrets on what to order.

Ryan also gave me some beautiful white roses, gerber daisies and hidrangeas to put around the house (they were not in one arrangement, clearly that would be a horrid mix) and I love all of them :)

We even gave Scout a little V-day bone.

So, this was our Valentine's Day 2010 celebration. Thanks to everyone that helped me feel the love :) I hope all of you were surrounded by great friends, family or significant others but most importantly, I hope you know that you are loved!!