CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 19, 2009

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been a while again since I have updated... life has been crazy! My Grandma has had some hard days and most recently we have had a few good things happen. Yesterday she opened her eyes and smiled at my Grandpa and my Dad also got a half smile out of her when he was talking to her a few days ago. She is moving both arms and legs now which is a HUGE deal but she still hasn't actually woken up. My mom and Grandpa have been able to get a few hand squeezes in response to things they have said to her but we aren't sure how much she is actually understanding. The doctors have said its really just a waiting period and we have to stay positive and keep praying! We do know that her stroke was pretty serious and that if she makes it through all of this she will walk before she talks. Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. It's still so hard not being there during all of this but I am getting to go down this weekend so it will be good to support my family. I know alot of you who are reading are friends with my mom- thank you so much for all you have done to help her during all of this!!

On less important notes, I had a really fun weekend- Ryan and my friends have been amazing in getting my mind off of things lately and I really needed it! Friday night Katie, Raven and I went to see "Whip It" and we all LOVED it! Such a cute movie and of course I loved the skating :) Then on Saturday Raven and I took a little road trip to Athens, TX to see her god-sister perform with the Rangeretts! They are the first drill team ever created and are pretty famous here. After seeing them perform, I can see why!! They were precious and did a great job!! Raven's god-sister is so sweet and I was so glad I got to meet her! It was great to just get away and have a day together, the little town was so cute and quaint- it really was a bizarro huntsville, where we went to college so we loved seeing the littl square!! Then, on Sunday Ryan and I went to meet his family for brunch at this great place in Dallas- The Original Pancake House, the food was fantastic and it was great seeing them! Our niece is growing-up and talking so much!! She is the cutest thing :) After brunch we headed to the fair to meet some of our friends for the day. It was TONS of fun!
Everyone bought a different kind of fried food so we could try a bunch of different things, we all tried fried peaches and cream, fried cheese on a stick, corn dogs, fried corn, fried apples, fried snickers and fried oreos!! I would have to say the best thing was the fried apple! Luckily i didnt have a whole of anything except a corndog b/c im pretty sure i would have thrown-up if I would have eaten all of that!! Here are a few pictures of the fair:

Our Group, minus the photographers- Ryan and Curt


Not the best picture of us...


Trying some of the food!

2 comments:

Jalei & Lane

That fried cheese on a stick sounds pretty good!

Lindsee Lou

Love it. Love that you had a good weekend to get your mind off things. Love you to pieces. And oh, how I miss our quaint little Huntsville days.