CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Dog... the hero

I have had a very interesting day today. I have had a super busy day with work and so I let Scout spend most of his morning outside playing in the gorgeous weather. I look outside to check on him real quick and realize he has invited a friend over because there are two dogs in my backyard. What the crap?? Here is stranger dog:

I call Scout in you know for an explanation and realize his feet are covered in dirt. What? I go outside and stranger dog makes a mad dash to the back corner of our fence where we have no neighbors-one of the things I love about our house! Then stranger dog tries to go out the hole she has obviously come from but I caught her before she made it. She is adorable, sweet and shaking from being scared and cold. Still confused as to why she is in my yard I go ahead and offer her food and pet her and then it dawns on me... a friend of mine on Facebook had put on her status a few days ago that her cousin had lost her dog in our neighborhood and this dog totally matches the description. I put a clay pot on top of the whole and walk around to the other side of the fence and realize stranger dog dug one side and Scout dug the other- Scout somehow knew she needed help so he just invited her over via the fence...

I made a few calls, sent pictures and Kourtnie and Ashley headed over to pick-up "Elsie" Scout's new bff. I am so glad that Elsie made it home safely. Scout cried at the back door once she left- he was obviously a fan of saving her life. I already knew Scout was the cutest, sweetest, smartest, craziest dog on the planet- apparently he also helps lost dogs find their way home. All in a day's work for Rescue Dog Scout. In the word's of my bestie Raven , "He's such a rescue dog, I mean couldn't you just see him in a fire fighter suit??" Honestly, I definately could! Haha I love you Scout!

1 comments:

Raven

Absolutely love it! Something about living in that area automatically makes you save dogs and you've officially joined forces with the rest of them... well at least Scout has.. haha! And I stand by my statement.. I need to find that lil furry fella a firefighter outfit!