CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 26, 2010

So Thankful...

I wish that I listed everything that I am thankful for everyday, it would probably make any problems I might be going through seem non-existent. However, the thing that I love most about Thanksgiving- even beyond all of the fantastic food which I wait for all year long is the way that families all come together, despite their differences and celebrate all they have been given.

I have a wonderful family. We are not perfect by any means but I feel so blessed to be a part of both the Qualls and Jasper clans. This year we split the holiday, we spent Wednesday and the morning until about 11 with the Jaspers in Austin and then headed back to Houston for the last afternoon/night with the Qualls and Ryan's mom. It was a great day and the good food was flowing! Here are just a few things I am thankful for this year...
  1. The way my mom decorates the house for the holidays- it's something I look forward to every year, she always does a great job and is the best host in the world.
  2. corn casserole- one of my t-giving favs! My mom makes it every year
  3. broccoli- cheese casserole- my other fav! my Nana has this recipe perfected!
  4. Scout. He is such a crazy dog and brings so much happiness to my life!
  5. Pedicures- i know why they end in the word "cure" they cure every stress in life. While I was in FW visiting my girls Raven and I spend the weekend doing all the things we love doing together- jean shopping, pedis and manis, watching movies and eating great food! in our book it was a completely satisfying weekend- love my girls!
  6. Ryan. He loves me, crazy, stubborn and all! I am so blessed by him and lucky to have found him.
  7. FRIENDS!! I have been blessed beyond what I deserve with new and old friends alike. This is something that if you have read my blog know that I have struggled with- after loosing a close friendship I was in a very difficult time and the Lord has been so faithful to me. Although it has not shown to be His will that the relationship is mended at this time He has constantly reminded me that what he takes away he gives back- a million times more! I have the best friends in the world- if you think you have better friends than me, you are wrong. :-)
  8. Our house! I absolutely love living in our house, I really enjoy entertaining and love that we have been able to do it quite a few times since moving in. We have been so blessed by owning such a new home that is perfect for our chapter in life. We didn't think owning a home would happen so soon and I am so thankful that it did and that it hasn't been a financial struggle for us. So many people are loosing their homes in this economy ad we don't take ours for granted at all- we don't deserve it but thank God he has chosen to give it to us!
  9. Moving back to Houston. The last few months have been up and down about our new chapter- obviously I am happy to be close to our family and some amazing friends but there are definitely days I miss Fort Worth. The thing I am most thankful for is the peace of knowing we are in God's will. There is no doubt in my mind that we were supposed to move back and join FBC. Watching Ryan serve on staff has made me fall deeper in love with him than I was before. Serving alongside of him when I am able to is more rewarding and freeing than anything I have ever done.
  10. A good pair of jeans. There is nothing more important in a wardrobe than a good pair of jeans. I have been lucky to find 2 new pairs for the holidays- this makes me smile.
  11. My new Jimmy Choo purse from my generous Mom-in-Law. She is always blessing us with things that she somehow knew we needed or wanted. I have been needing a new purse but didn't want to spend the money on it with the holidays around the corner and without my ever telling her this she surprised me with the cutest bag yesterday!!
  12. Christmas trees! I love Christmas time, especially decorated trees- last year we had a mini tree because our place didn't really have space for a full size tree. This year we are getting a real tree and I couldn't be more excited!
  13. My job- I am so lucky to be in a job that I love and have such great co-workers.
  14. Cold weather!! I am so happy that its freezing outside right now- makes me excited for Christmas and new years!
  15. Weight Watchers- I am back on the plan and have lost about 9 pounds, granted with the holidays I will have quite a few cheat days and that is what I love most about it. I am officially making an effort to loose a lot of weight- I have been carrying extra pounds for way too long. I will try to keep the blog updated with my progress!
Here are a few pics from Thanksgiving! What are you thankful for this year??





0 comments: