CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 13, 2010

Who said I was qualified for this?

Ever feel like a little kid playing dress-up?? This has totally been my life the last few months!

Here are just a few things that happened this summer that have me asking am I qualified for this??

1. I Became an Associate Youth Director's wife.
Let's talk about this for a bit...
I LOVE girls ministry. It has been a passion of mine since my sorority back in college when I really grew in my faith through my friendships. I think mentoring is so important for girls, especially in high school and the fact that I am able to serve alongside my husband is something I feel completely blessed by. I had the blessing of speaking to our girls this summer- I was so nervous but had a blast doing it and I look forward to building deeper relationships with our girls. Ryan is primarily in charge of junior high so those 7th and 8th graders are my focus as well. They are such a fun, sweet group and I am excited to be apart of their lives. Ryan and I both had a "weird moment" this past Saturday when we were driving a van- full of 7th and 8th graders to and from a ropes course. I looked over at Ryan and said "This is weird" we both laughed and he responded with "I feel like we have a van full of our kids right now and I should be wearing a polo and khakis driving this van." Then I said "Who said we were qualified for this??" We had so much fun with them, just listening to their random conversations was hilarious!

2. We bought a house.
I have really been enjoying decorating! We are having a house party in a few weeks with all of our friends and I can't wait! It's great having a yard, attic and a real office! I work from home so this was a great need in my life!

3. I just booked a work trip a few minutes ago...
Let me tell you my itinerary- I am flying from Houston - Dallas on Sun and staying until Wed. Then I am flying from Dallas -Albuquerque for a PE teacher's convention where I will do a presentation in the morning with a co-worker and then go to a luncheon to get to know some of my volunteers. What?? I have been doing this sort of thing for over 2 years at the AHA and gave presentations all the time at my previous job but it still makes me laugh and ask myself "When did I grow-up and get a real job??"

Who said I was qualified for this??

Do any of you feel like this sometimes?

2 comments:

Jalei & Lane

Your work trip should be fun. I just got your invite today & it's so cute! Can't wait!

Lindsee

You are qualified, sister! Because you're in the thick of it. God has placed you right where He wants you! I love it! I love you!