CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Believe it or not...

This weekend was so not what we had planned! Originally Ryan and I were going down to Houston to celebrate my wonderful mother-in-law's birthday but it ended up not being a good weekend for her so we are rescheduling. The great part was that Ryan already had Saturday off so we actually had a normal weekend together for the first time since we have been married! We got to sleep in on Saturday and did some errands and hung around fort worth, then Saturday night we had dinner with my 2 sister and brother in law's that live in Dallas and my father-in-law and 2ND mother-in-law. It was so great to see all of them and my precious 2 nieces and 1 new nephew! I can't believe how grown-up Sophia is getting, she is so gorgeous and so sweet! I got to play with her alot and found out she loves my jewelry!! Her 1st birthday is in a few weeks and i am so excited! After dinner we went to trinity hall and listened to an Irish band which was great and headed back to fort worth.

Sunday we went to church- which I have not talked about our church recently. We have been going to Fellowship Church, our pastor is Ed Young JR and we absolutely love it! We have been getting more involved and are trying to join a small group, we just have to find one that will work with our schedules. Our church is doing amazing things, we did a huge outreach to kids who needed backpacks and our location alone gave close to 2,000 backpacks to kids in need! We are excited to have found a place we feel so at home- FINALLY! After church we went to Ripley's believe it or not and Wax Palace. There was some crazy things to see and we had alot of fun with the wax people! I was especially happy to see the Wizard of Oz exhibit and got to take a picture with the cast!

The weekend ended up being exactly what we needed, I love having so much time with Ryan and it was nice to not have a strict schedule to stick to! It feels like we have had something going on every weekend since I have moved to Fort Worth!

Oh and I also have to update- my great friend Jalei from work had her baby and Elliot is SO gorgeous! I can't wait to see her in person (they live far away!) I am so excited for her and Lane! Congratulations ya'll!!

I also need to shout-out to my amazing friend Ashley Ochoa! Please keep her in your prayers, she is going to do mission work overseas and is trying to raise the last bit of her funding needed. She is going to do great things in Kazakhstan and as much as I am going to miss her I am SO excited to hear her updates in the next year. I will keep all of you updated on what is going on with her as well!

With school being back in high gear work has been very busy! I am back to recruiting, I have 96 schools to recruit before October 31st!! I hope to hit my goals and look forward to the school year- recruitment is not my favorite time of year so I just want to survive! I have been getting to know some of my coordiantors and I am excited to plan all of their events! Well, I am off to spend the rest of the night with Ryan before it's back to reality of life tomorrow! Love yall!!

2 comments:

Lindsee

Isn't Ripley's so interesting? I love it. How awesome that y'all got to have a fun weekend together! Love you!

Jalei & Lane

I'm so glad yall got to spend some quality time together! I promise, I am going to call you back. I'm just waiting for all my company to leave (Wed). :)