CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Everything happens for a reason...










It has been a long time since I have updated, I know! The Summer has been SO great, so relaxing and just a time to recharge my batteries. My job is amazing in the fact that we really do get to rest during the Summer. Don't get me wrong, we still work but we get to work from home and it is supposed to be a time to reflect on the school year and just really spend time with our families and honestly relax! I can not even begin to tell you how great this has been for me! The last year has been crazy to say the least! There have been SO many great moments, when the Summer started I couldnt believe that just a year before Ryan had proposed, I moved to Fort Worth and just completely got caught up in a whirlwind of change.

These changes have been tough, starting over always is. I was so lucky to have the love of my life beside me a few amazing friends, one as my roommate for those months of crying, laughing and just adjusting! I was so blessed to have Owen- one of my childhood best friends living less than 5 minutes away, it was definately like having a peice of home right with me. Of course having Ryan with me was amazing- we had such a hard time during our 10 months of long distance and I can't describe how it feels to finally be the one you love. Even with all of these great things the move was hard, I am very close to my family and I am the first to move away. I miss the Friday night dinners we used to have, all the things my sister and I used to do together and all the nights with my friends. It has definately been hard on a few of my friendships! Unfortunately, not all of them made it through... which was a complete shock and hurt more than anything I have experienced. However, I know that there is a plan in all of this that is much bigger than me and the friends that are still here are the ones that want to be, the ones that are meant to be and they have been there for me more than ever which has been great.

On to my happy changes, I am now married to the man of my dreams. I dont deserve him, but for whatever reason he chose to be with me and I am such a lucky girl! Ryan makes me want to be the absolute best version of myself and he just brings it out. He makes me more patient, understanding, forgiving and most importantly he makes sure I stay true to myself no matter what. I have always heard people say they fall in love with each other more everyday after marriage and I never really understood it until now. A year ago I thought there was no way I could possibly love Ryan more and today I can say I love him so much more than I did then. The last 8 months have been the best of my entire life. People kept telling me before the wedding just be prepared - the first year is going to be so hard and you are going to have a hard time adjusting to living together. Those people didn't have the luxury of marrying Ryan because I have to tell you he is just absolutely wonderful. The "adjustment" has been a breeze.

Onto less cheesy things...
We just got back from vacation! We went to Lake Tahoe and I have to say it was fabulous! Its so gorgeous there, it was my 2nd trip and Ryan's first. He loved it. He kayaked, hiked, swam, went out on a yacht one day and did just about anything else that required us to be outside! It was so nice to just get away and spend some time together. Ryan's work schedule doesn't allow us a ton of time together- he works 2-11 and his days off are Sun-Mon, thank goodness for the Sun because we actually get one day that we are both off. Anyway, it was a great trip and I wish we were still there! We are already planning our 1 year anniversary trip, we aren't sure where we want to go but I can't believe its almost been a year! It feels like it just happened!

We also recently were part of a wedding that meant alot to us both! Ryan officiated and I was a bridesmaid in Laura and Adam Sanders wedding. It was so gorgeous and so much fun! They are a great couple and we were honored to be a part of their big day!

The pictures are from our vacation and from the wedding!

Ok, well that is all for now... just wanted to do one big update, things are going really great and I am so thankful for all of the amazing people in my life! I love yall so much and miss the ones I don't get to see! Hope you are all doing great!!

2 comments:

Lindsee

I loved this post. And I love what the Lord is doing in your life! However, I do wish you lived closer because I miss our dinners. Oh, they were so theraputic. You are such a great friend and each of us are blessed to have you in our life. I love you, sweet friend! We need to chat soon. :) Sending huge Houston hugs to Fort Worth!

LKE

Jalei & Lane

I can't believe you've been married almost a year! Definitely go away somewhere!