CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 31, 2012

The month of December...

So I have been missing from the blogging world since Olivia was 7 weeks old which is pretty crazy because she will be 7 months in about 2 weeks! I can't believe how much fun she is, how much she has grown and started to show her little personality and changed my life for the better.

The world is entirely different when you have a baby. You drive differently, talk differently and even have a new sense of purpose because once I found out I was pregnant all that mattered was her and all I hoped and pray for was a long life spent with Ryan & Olivia.

Maternity leave was amazing. I miss it. Having that time with her and I at home was although exhausting all I wish I could do but alas we must pay bills so that baby girl doesn't end up in a box so I went back to work and yes that is full-time.

I am lucky that my childcare is my mom, nana and aunt. She doesn't have to go to strangers and they love her so much so that helps- even though I miss her all day long! I am also still blessed to work from home so my schedule is flexible and although she can't be home with me because I would literally get nothing done it's nice to set my own meetings and not need to be at an office or something at 8am.

So, let me catch you up on the 6.5 months of Olivia...

She is a laid-back, happy baby!

She started sleeping through the night at 3 weeks and there has been no turning back. She has had a few restless nights with being sick but still managed to sleep well even then- hallelujah because if you know me you know I love my sleep!

She has a very sensitive digestive track- we have had challenges there but she is doing great now!

She laughs all the time and it's the best sound in the world.

She rolls over, crawls, sits up and loves to play!

She said her first word and it was Mama! However, as soon as she figured out how to say Dada that is pretty much what we hear 24-7. She does cry Mama though every time she is sad, tired or hungry. She babbles and talks alot- she has said bye bye once as well.

She is teething, still haven't seen our first tooth but we feel it coming!

She LOVES to cuddle and loves kisses.

She loves Scout. He tolerates her pulling and hitting when she tries to pet him.

She loves being outside and going for walks.

She immediately goes to sleep when we are in the car but she is starting to tire of being in the car seat.

She took her first few road trips and did wonderfully! However, previous statement tells us that this might be a challenge in the future.

She used to love her swing- like LOVE it. However she doesn't really like it anymore and cries whenever we try to put her in it- now she just wants to play all the time!

She had her first cold and first stomach flu- both were very hard on mom and dad, especially the stomach flu!

She loves music and likes to listen to it when we put her to sleep.

This holiday season has been extremely different. Thanksgiving was good, we went to Austin to see Ryan's side of the family and Olivia slept there and back. It was great seeing our nieces and nephews, Ryan's grandparents, parents and uncles/aunts, cousins etc!

Christmas we had planned to go to Lake Tahoe with my side of the family- everything was planned for we were packed up and the morning of our flight at 5am I woke up with chest pains and what seemed to be a stomach virus. We ended up in the ER instead of the airport and missed our trip of snow and being with my family. It was so very disappointing. I never imagined I would end up in the ER on Olivia's first Christmas and the first holiday we were taking a vacation but I did. Thankfully after an EKG, chest xray and being monitored for hours the Dr's decided I must be having severe reflux. WHAT? This was my response. I have only had heart burn 3-4 times in my life and all accounts were while I was pregnant. Olivia did have it pretty bad when she was first born though- or so we think and the Dr said it could even be from the pregnancy and would go away. I am scheduled to see a GI Dr at the end of January but I just need to say that PREGNANCY DOES WEIRD THINGS. The Dr didn't really give me much advice- he said I was over-all a very healthy girl with great blood pressure, perfect lungs and heart so he expects it to go away. It's been a few days and is much better but I spent the rest of Christmas day and a few days after exhausted and still in pain. Who knew that Reflux could feel the same as a heart attack? Apparently it does! Scary stuff- especially for me since I work for the American Heart Association I know the signs for heart disease and stroke like the back of my hand. Although I am still sad to have missed our trip I am so very thankful that our trip to the ER was not something more serious. God was watching over us and for some reason- one I am sure I will never know we were not meant to go on our trip.

Our tickets are non-refundable and we will have to pay $300 to reschedule and take a trip before September or the money is lost but now we just get to plan another trip and I got to spend Christmas day with just my little family which was nice as well.

We have been really beaten down the entire month of December, pretty sure Satan has been attacking us in anyway that he thinks he can... Don't believe me? Read our month below...
  1. I get in a car accident at the end of November and the girl who hit me delayed the repairs until this week- yep, my car still sits unfixed and will finally be repaired this week. Thanks Farmers, glad I don't have you!
  2. We head to Fort Worth for Ryan's Seminary Graduation and to celebrate our anniversary and at our anniversary dinner Olivia projectile vomits all over me and the floor, she was fine for a full 24 hours so we thought it was a one-time thing...
  3. After Ryan's graduation we went to lunch with everyone to celebrate and Olivia shows us she has the stomach flu- it was rough. I still try not to think about that.
  4. We spent that evening in our hotel changing sheets, calling Dr's and I started running fever. It was our most challenging night as parents yet.
  5. ER trip made us miss our flight.
  6. No direct flights going to Lake Tahoe for days.
  7. Ryan's debit card was mysteriously cancelled while we were at dinner- the bank didn't feel the need to contact us, we found out while trying to pay at Bucca Di Beppo (they stated it had been compromised and a new one was being sent).
  8. We planned a little getaway to Galveston to try to relax and were told it would be raining the entire time so we cancelled that.
However, all of these things do not cancel out all of the major blessings we have had this month:
  1. I was not hurt in the accident and car is drivable.
  2. Ryan graduated from seminary! This was a long time coming and he has worked so very hard, I could not be more proud of that husband of mine!
  3. We celebrated 4 years of marriage and 8 years together- I am so blessed to have Ryan in my life. He is so caring, positive, supportive and the Godly leader Olivia and I need.
  4. Olivia turned 6 months!! It has been an amazing life with her.
  5. I did not have a heart attack and I was told I am a healthy person.
  6. We spent the break at our house, just the 3 of us. Even though the first few days were not relaxing the following ones have been.
  7. We ended up having enough cash to cover dinner- God really showed us He always takes care of us.
  8. We spent the day relaxing and just thanking God for all he had given us.
No, this holiday season was not what either of us planned or imagined it would be but we have so much to be thankful for- the main thing being each other and God's protection. It has always been one of my favorite verses but it really has been in my heart these last few days of 2012-

Jeremiah 29:11-13
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

1 comments:

Melody Linder

I so love reading your blog. :) It is nice to hear what is happening in your lives. :) We love you all! Hope you have a very very Happy New Year!