CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 2, 2012

7 weeks...

well it's been 7 weeks...7 weeks since I had a baby.
7 weeks since a brand new person entered the world.
7 weeks since we have tried to get to know this new person
7 weeks since everyone we know and love has come to see her multiple times and brought us yummy food.
7 weeks of a little less sleep ;-) however our sweet girl started sleeping through the night at 3 weeks so we have been getting about 5 hours so we consider ourselves very lucky.
7 weeks since we didn't care about sleeping because our lives being awake have never been so amazing.
7 weeks since our lives changed forever.

I knew things were going to change but I don't think I realized how much I would change when Olivia entered our lives. Everyone I came in contact with, strangers and people I had known my whole life would tell me the same thing when I was pregnant "get ready for everything to change but it will all be worth it!" and everytime i would say to myself or Ryan "what does that even mean??" now we get it. Although we are figting to keep outside lives because we both feel like that is a huge part of being a good parent and spouse to one another at the end of the day all that matters is our family of 4. and yes that means scout is part of that!

I am still the same girl that loves my husband, dog, my family, friends, fashion, design, traveling and everything in between but so many things that used to take up my time just don't seem important anymore. I have been so encouraged by the outpour of love from our friends and family since Olivia arrived- we saw it before she was here with all of the gifts, showers and advice but now we see it in a new way- how everyone loves Olivia and has come to visit her. I have said it a million times on this blog but I am SO lucky to have found the most amazing people in the world and they for whatever reason have decided to stick with me in life.

I love being a Mom and taking care of Olivia. She really is such a great baby- so calm, sweet and adorable! Although I feel SO very lucky to work from home and for our family to be helping with childcare I really wish I didn't have to go back to work but it is just not an option at this point. I start back at the end of next week and I will be part time until mid-september. I know all good things must come to an end but I definately wish I could be a stay at home mom these days which is funny because I didn't really think I would have that desire until now- I guess it's another one of the things that our sweet girl has changed :-) I am so thankful though for the 8 weeks that I had and the ability to go back part time for a little while and for a job that has such a great schedule!

Anyway, that is how life at the Jasper's is going so far- we got her pictures taken and are just waiting for the link, I will share a few as soon as I get them, she did great and I LOVED the photographer!

3 comments:

Jalei & Lane

That is so great she is sleeping through the night at 3 weeks! She is spoiling yall:) So when you go back to work is your mom going to keep Olivia?

Jen-Jen

yes my mom, aunt and nana are all switching off :-)

Anonymous

http://hermesbag.finniwolf.com quite a number of werewolves aren't the least bit sad as well as enthralling but are poisonous hurting turbines. on the other hand, Goebel belgium has now quitted output on april 31, 2008. an pouch comes on web alone. the fogeys are positive aspects point in time medical professional. Hermes your selection of associated with this merely because lug an amount of factor look upon and so add a great deal more right back story devoid of having overdoing it,
http://hermesbag.finniwolf.com