CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 27, 2012

Well ALOT has changed since my last post, my sister had her precious baby girl! In fact, she went into labor a few hours after I wrote that post. Baby Ava Claire is so sweet and adorable and we have all just fallen in love with her :-)

Here are a few of my favorite pictures of her thus far, they are from Valentine's Day:


I love being an Aunt. It is just so different than when other people have had babies in my life! Don't get me wrong, I love my friends and family members children a ridiculous amount but it is just different when it is your sibling's baby! I just see so much of my sister in her already and I just love that!

I can't wait for our baby girl to meet her cousin in just a few short months- I am so very thankful that my sister and I have had the opportunity to go through this chapter of life together- honestly she has really helped keep me from completely freaking out because I wasn't alone. I can only hope that our babies can grow-up being close like we are because having a sister is just so fun!

I am now half-way into my 25th week of pregnancy and the time has flown! I can't believe I am over 6 months pregnant- seriously? It's crazytown! I hope the remaining weeks fly by because although her nursery isn't ready and I haven't taken the classes I want to take to prepare I am so ready to meet my our daughter! The baby showers are right around the corner and that just feels so surreal...

I did finally pick-out the bedding and we registered! That was WEIRD and over-whelming. I am so thankful that my husband is so calm and knew just what to do before I started to have a meltdown over bottles... I blame it in part on the hormones but according to everyone around me I haven't been hormonal at all which I hope is true- I honestly just got overwhelmed! I mean I have been around babies and kids my whole life, I always stay pretty calm when it comes to kid stuff because I am comfortable with it but it was like all the sudden on that aisle it hit me that I was picking out stuff for my baby and I had no idea what kind of bottle she would want, much less all of that other stuff! We got through it and I am sure the chosen items will be just fine but it was a moment that I almost broke into tears which seems so ridiculous now looking back on it.

Pregnancy wise things are still going well, my weight gain is still very low which I am both surprised and thankful for b/c I was not at a weight I liked when I found out I was pregnant so I have really been trying not to gain very much. My only complaints as of now are that acid reflux is no fun and I really hate my sciatic nerve... ever since my sister went into labor and I spent 24 hrs at the hospital my sciatic nerve has tortured me. I have been working out regularly and doing some stretching, applying a heating pad but it still plagues me. I am scheduling a pre-natal massage for this week in hopes that it will help and I am really excited about this reccommendation from the dr because there are very few things I love more than massages :-) I also think we have settled on a name... I will announce it once we are for sure but we are about 95% settled which is so fun!!

In other news outside of the pregnancy world...
I am SO excited about this weekend! My bestie is getting married in May and I am so honored to be apart of her big day! This weekend is her first bridal shower and I haven't seen her in a few months because of the stupid miles in between Fort Worth and here so I can't wait to celebrate her and this new chapter she is embarking on so soon! I am also excited to see the other bridesmaids as that includes a few more of my besties :-)

March holds alot of fun weekends for us, my Mom's birthday is Friday, Rae's shower is Saturday, My little cousin Ethan's birthday is next week and the following week is my first baby shower, then it's dnow with our students and Ryan's birthday so we have a full calendar!

Are any of you do anything fun for leap year?? One of my besties and I were just saying we think it should be celebrated- I mean come on, we only get to see this day come once every 4 years and quite frankly I am much more excited about it than the coming election! Ok, I think that is all of my random thoughts for now- I am off to work-out and cook dinner!

1 comments:

Jalei & Lane

Look at the head of hair on her! Tell your sister congrats. And I had a huge headache after I registered too. I was begging my friends to just go through the store & pick things out for me.