CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 4, 2012

I am the worst blogger ever!

I can't believe it is already February! I am a few days shy of 22 weeks, I have to say that this first half has really flown by! I have a feeling the rest of it is going to go at a snail's pace though because there are so many weeks in the beginning that you don't even know you are pregnant and from here on out all I am going to do is get a bigger belly!
Pregnancy is going alot better these days, I still feel a little nauseaus every now and then but it's not even on a daily basis which is nice. I am having trouble sleeping, even after I bought my Snoogle but it's not unbearable! I have also had a cold of somesort for what seems like months but I just throw back the tylenol cold and get on with life because there is not a whole lot of time for being sick! All in all I feel really lucky to have had a smooth sailing pregnancy thus far and can only pray that it continues down that road.
I am now in "prepare life for the baby" mode. I haven't really done much, it's more just about picking things out etc. We did sell all of our guest room furniture, the room still needs some clearing out but our crib is in! I really love it!! It's a dark wood, sleigh frame- it's one of the lifetime cribs that converts all the way to a full size bed which is pretty cool. We have also picked out the dresser that will double as the changing table so I feel like at least that is complete! I am still having some trouble with the bedding... I really like this one, I am looking for non-cartoon ones but I still haven't completely settled:

We have not settled on a name yet either but have a list of favorites... we are leaning towards just waiting until we see her to name her even though I would like to put the name on the wall and all that I just feel like we may pick one and then want to change it and I don't want monograms all over her clothes etc that are not the right name- that would be kind of a disaster.
In other news, work is SO crazy right now! 90% of my events happen over the next 6 weeks so I have about a million things to do all hours of the day but I am so thankful to still be working from home and feel lucky to be in this stage in life while doing so. I have so many friends that are struggling at work while being pregnant or can't find a job that allows them freedom with their schedule and small children and that is something I do not have to stress about.
We also built a deck a few weeks ago! It's so nice to have the extra space outside and I can't wait until we pick-out the outdoor furniture and all that! We have been wanting to do it for a while but would end of needing to spend the money elsewhere and finally made the decision to get it done b/c once the baby comes everything will change and will be put on the back-burner and we want her to have some space to play outside once she is crawling around.
Ryan's spring semester just started, only one more semester after this one- I am so proud of him for sticking with it, I know it has been a long, time consuming road but seminary is almost in our rear view mirror! I know it will all be worth it in the end and the knowledge and training he has gained from this experience is going to be so important for the rest of his career. We are also excited to have the extra money soon- tuition is expensive and I will be glad to be free of those payments!!

Hmm... what else can I tell you about?? Ryan and I have been trying eat healthier and working out everyday, it's been great! We have always loved cooking but meal planning and all that takes extra time and we have been really trying to make an effort which has been good! We also didn't watch tv for a month and realized how much we loved it sothe only time we will be turning the tv on is Tuesday nights to watch Mark and Chism (Ryan's boss and his son) who are so awesome and on Saturdays. My tivo go overwhelmingly full so I am also going cut out alot of the shows that I would record just because- they wasted alot of time!

Well I am off to spend the day with my sister- today is her due date and we are hoping baby Ava will make her entrance into the world soon!

1 comments:

Jalei & Lane

I was just thinking about you the other day, so I'm glad you posted. That bedding is so pretty. Start posting some pictures of yourself so we can see your baby bump grow!