CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Being pregnant is weird...

So I guess it's probably the same for everyone but I didn't really know what to expect after finding out I was pregnant. I am super comfortable with taking care of the baby once he/she is here but carrying it around for 9 months is just really weird.

Although I think it is amazing, the fact that this tiny baby is growing everyday and becoming the little person it will be forever the thought of it just hanging out in my stomach is just an interesting thought.

Our baby which is apparently the size of a medium shrimp makes alot of decisions for me. For instance, whether or not I can eat something- it might sound really great to me but once I smell it the baby makes the decision and more often than not it is "No way Mom, I will make you sick if you make me eat that!"

This sweet baby also decides when and in what position I will sleep, sit and when it is time or me to sit down. If I don't obey the baby I don't get to go to sleep and my back will start killing me!

All of this aside though at only 13 weeks our baby has fingerprints- isn't that crazy! he/she also has all of their organs, veins and very thin skin. It has been pretty awesome to hear the heart beat a few times and to read each week what is forming. I am avoiding most books an unwarranted advice...I just don't need to know horror stories, everything about a random person's pregnancy or every little worry out there- whatever happens throughout this pregnancy is part of God's plan for our family and I just have to trust that He has already prepared me for what is coming our way. I will say that the labor part really freaks me out. I am definately not a fan of Eve and wish a stork really would just bring me a baby wrapped in a white blanket.

Anyway, I have been rambling for a while- I am off to visit my Nana for a little bit and hopefully get a chunk of our Christmas presents taken care of! I hope you all enjoy your weekend!

1 comments:

Elyse Trimble

Sweet baby girl Jasper has fingerprints?!? That's crazy!! I didn't realize she decided so much for you, either! Well you already are a fantastic mom, and i just can't wait to meet her. And you're probably right about reading all the books. You probably don't want to get set on any sort of birth plan bc I hear those hardly ever go as planned!

As always, praying for you, Ryan, and baby H
Jasper!
--Elyse