CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 17, 2013

My husband rocks.

8 years and 5 months ago I met a boy. The first time I saw him was at a mixer on campus at Sam Houston State University. His fraternity- BUX were doing a fundraiser- a slave auction. I stood next to a girl I hardly knew who would later become my roommate and great friend. I turned to her when Ryan took his place on stage and said- "he's the best looking one." Amanda answered with: "ya'll are going to date." Then she bought him and introduced us.

Little did I know she had just given me the best person I would ever meet.

He really does bring out the best version of me and I could not be more thankful for this life God has given us together.

We have laughed, cried and been through alot over these years but I wouldn't change a thing. I just never thought I would be here, married and raising a baby with my best friend, my absolute favorite person on earth.

I know we have so much ahead of us and that there will be seasons of happiness and sadness but I can say without a doubt that my husband rocks. Why do I say this? Well there are a million reasons he rocks but here are 29 things that I love about him to help celebrate his 29th birthday today.

1. He buys me flowers. Pretty often. In fact I have 3 different vases full of fresh flowers right now that he gave me a few days ago for no reason. I LOVE FLOWERS. He just surprises me with them and I almost always have a vase full to make me smile throughout the day.

2. He's a great cook. We love cooking together but I really lucked out marrying someone who helped open Tommy Bahama's.

3. He is a manly man.

4. He is honest.

5. He is a great dad. Watching him with Olivia over the last 9 months has been amazing.

6. He has integrity.

7. He is patient. SO patient. He does not make hasty decisions and he rarely speaks out of turn. He waits patiently for God's direction- this is something I admire so much about him.

8. He loves the Lord more than he loves me.

9. He spoils me, Olivia and our dog Scout.

10. He is a great listener.

11. He is a great pastor to our students.

12. He's a dreamer and encourages me to follow mine.

13. He sings to Olivia with me each night.

14. He reads books with me, out loud.

15. He makes me laugh- constantly.

16. He is protective.

17. He can pick up heavy things. Including me. He carries me around like it's no big deal and that's pretty awesome.

18. He's a great dancer.

19. He can grow a beard faster than probably anyone on earth.

20. He holds my hand almost everytime we walk somewhere.

21. He is slightly girl-scared of spiders.

22. His laugh.

23. He has great hair.

24. He makes me slow down and relax. I can be a busy-body so I need him.

25. He leaves me sweet voicemails and texts throughout the day.

26. He still flirts with me and asks me out on dates.

27. He is very intelligent but doesn't flaunt it.

28. He loves to travel and so do i!

29. He is SO forgiving. He shows grace in a way that I admire so very much.

Happy 29th Birthday Babe! 29 never looked so fine! I love you more than you will ever know. Thank you for being the husband and dad that Olivia and I need. Looking forward to so many more years next to you!