CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Olivia has arrived and I have been living under a rock ever since :-)

As most of you already know our sweet baby girl Olivia arrived 2 weeks ago and we could not love her more! Her arrival took quite a while, on Wednesday- June 12 at 4am I started having contractions that were 3-7 minutes apart so we headed to the hospital at 6:30ish only to be told a few hours later that I would need to leave triage and home labor until I was a tad bit further along.... Unhappy we went back home where I had to deal with my own contractions for hours- 15 to be exact....

Then the electricity went out. There was a horrible storm that night so we headed back to the hospital because my contractions were now 4 minutes apart and I could barely walk or talk when they would hit. We were then told to walk the hospital for an hour because I was so close... we are talking less than a centimeter from where they wanted me to be- I was in tears and couldnt really walk! It was the most painful hour of my life, hands down. After our nice stroll I was admitted and swiftly taken to my room.

I immediately got the epidural which made all my problems go away- SERIOUSLY! I am going to give any preggo people out there a piece of advice- get the epidural and get it as soon as you can! It is just not worth waiting for, the girl next store to me decided to wait until she aws 9.5 centimeters and then started screaming for it- she sounded crazy and I felt awful for her so don't wait.

Anyway, after the glorious epidural I spent the rest of the night trying to get rest in between all the nurses and vistors coming to check on me and kept thinking I would deliver that night but was totally fine with going past midnight because I really wanted my doctor to deliver me and she wasn't going to be on call until Wednesday morning- well I got my wish! After some time with an oxygen mask and alot of contractions I was told it was time to start pushing at 1:25PM, they told me it could take a few hours- I looked at the clock and said "No, she will be out by 2PM."

Who did I think I was to decide this? Pretty sure I got my confidence from the epidural or something but God decided to humor me and she started screaming and was out at exactly 2PM!! 35 minutes, after 15 home labor hours and 16 spent at the hospital our girl had arrived!

Ryan and my Mom and I were all crying looing at her and couldn't believe she had finally arrived.

The Memorial Herman staff was absolutely AMAZING! Grantit I was totally spoiled because we are good friends with 2 night shift nurses and the head nurse during the day so they made sure we were well taken care of which I couldn't be more thankful for. I love my doctor and I think she was the reason I was pretty calm once it was time to get Ms.Olivia out- I just never doubted she would do all she could and I really trust her. If you need a new doctor you seriously need to consider mine!

Our days at the hospital were a huge blur along with the last 2 weeks, I was so blessed to have Ryan home with me, he got 2 weeks off and I am pretty sure I couldn't have survived without him- he is the best husband. Seriously. I knew it before but seeing him with Livi, the support and help he has given me and he has still found a way to make me laugh and feel loved despite the sleep deprevity and stress!

Poor Olivia has had some difficulty feeding, we have had to switch to bottles which is totally fine if it means she does better but now she is spilling milk out of her mouth even with the slow flow bottles so we are going to talk to our pediatrician about it this week because there has been alot of spitting up and most recently she threw up which totally freaked us out. Please keep her sweet self in your prayers and that we can quickly find out a good solution for her!

Other than the sleep loss and feeding difficulty everything has been really great! She is such a good baby and we feel completely blessed beyond what we deserve having her and just being a family of 4- don't forget about Scout! Speaking of, he has been so great with Livi so far! He is super protective and so affectionate, when she is asleep on her little boppy lounger he cuddles up next to her and when she cries he immediately runs to us and wants us to make it stop- it's so adorable! We were worried he would be jealous but he just isn't. Grantit we have been walking everyday and giving him as much attention as we can because we want him to know that we love him just as much as we did before the baby.

So, about the rock I have been living under- we don't know what is going on in the world. I had no idea anything happened in CO and just heard about the healthcare fiasco yesterday- I guess when you can barely find time to eat and sleep the news just ends up way in the back seat. Please let me know if there is anything else major that has happened in the last 2.5 weeks! I promise to post more pics in my next post but here she is!!

1 comments:

Jalei & Lane

Lane said that there are many things that it could be - congestion, reflux, lanryngomalacia, TE fistula. It would be hard to tell without a good physical exam and most common things are not serious. If she is having decreased wet diapers then go to your pediatrician immediately. (ok, so Lane just wrote the above part:) ) Don't let him freak you out. I just asked him thinking he would give me a quick answer. I'm sure your pediatrician will have no problem diagnosing it.

But on to more important things...she is so CUTE! I mean seriously! Can't wait to see more pictures. And how are you holding up?